Monday 25 July 2011

Frustrated

After months of medication and therapy, I'm not feeling ANY better. 

I've tried everything can think of:
  • Trying a gluten-free, dairy-free, beef-free diet
  • Exercising five days a week; sessions last anywhere from a half hour to an hour (most of them last an hour)
  • Getting as much Vitamin D as possible
  • Participating in group therapy sessions for an hour each week day
  • Taking my medication as prescribed
  • Meditating when I can
  • Practicing being 'present' in the moment
  • Going out with my son as much as possible
  • Maintaining a routine, where I still go to the Market, run errands etc.
Unfortunately, I'm still sleeping excessively and feel NOTHING positive. Now, thanks to my medication, I'm also not feeling anything negative - just ongoing apathy.  At least the panic and social anxiety isn't bad.  It doesn't exist.  I just feel ghost-like.

I met with a team consisiting with a psychiatrist, a medical doctor and the nurse who leads group therapy today.  We've decided to switch medications to see if there is any difference.  My fingers are crossed that it will make a difference.  I'm extremely frustrated by the lack of progress.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear.I can only imagine your frustration. Keep on keeping on; if anyone can overcome this, you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Jenni! I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete