Tuesday 16 October 2012

Self pity... Woe is me...Boo hoo...

I think the title says it all.

Do you know what it's like to me?  I really, sincerely hope not.  No one should have to go through this hell. Not even me... LOL.

Do you know what it's like to know you're in love with your husband and kid and NOT FEEL A THING? See breath-taking scenery, share stories and hugs with the little people in your life, try to EXPERIENCE the beauty of life and NOT FEEL A THING?

I know.

Do you know what it's like being a zombie (well, a tiny bit less so now that I'm off Effexor), who suffers from panic and fear (more so than when I was on Effexor)?

I know.

Do you know what it's like when you feel panic, rage and fear in situations and circumstances that never made you feel like that before?

I know.

Do you know what it's like to feel manipulated by an insurance company and their 'policies' to accept a settlement package?

I know.

Okay, I haven't accepted anything. But I do feel let down by their sneaky tactics. They aren't looking out for me (like they said they would). They're looking out for their bottom line. Not certain what to do, I did an on-line search. Not good news. Because 'depression' is considered a self-reporting illness, the insurance companies take FULL ADVANTAGE of the grey areas - and try not to pay out individuals beyond the 'inability to work within own profession' - or the two year period. And of course, legally, there's a lot of wiggle room there. Sadly, to the advantage of the insurance company. The insurance companies are making people sick. VERY SICK. No one should be bullied by an insurance company - or an employer.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this overwhelming sense of hopelessness. And, for that, I'm very sad....  NO ONE should feel this way. Let me repeat: NO ONE SHOULD FEEL THIS WAY. Even you - if you're reading this and feeling sad.

Thank you INSURANCE COMPANY. Not only am I sick, but you've robbed me of the chance to even envision a future. Assholes (sorry for the language). How many people have you done this to? How many people have ended their lives because they couldn't reason with unreasonable faces? Sick bastards. How do you fight them? I even read an article about a person who was told that because she was fighting too hard for the insurance, she wasn't sick enough to get it. HOW RIDICULOUS!

Not sure what I can do to end this bullying. HELP!

1 comment:

  1. You are an articulate, smart, compassionate and insightful woman. YOU have the perfect professional and personal background to ensure that this issue is publicized. This is a timely tale of bullying and potential suicide (but promise me that you WON'T); when you're feeling relatively calm and collected, you can take the steps necessary to ensure that your story is heard. Things have a way of being addressed more humanely once the media shines a light on them. As lonely as you feel, you are not alone. You might just open the floodgates...

    ReplyDelete