Wednesday 11 January 2012

I just can't...

Every day I try... I try to have a quasi-normal life... I try to return to who I was... But I can't.

Today, my husband and I went out to pick out some tile for our bathrooms. I wasn't gone for very long, and I was exhausted... So exhausted and headachy that all I wanted to do was crawl into bed... and so I did... For the entire afternoon.

For Christmas, I received a book I've been desperate to read, but I haven't even cracked it... Too difficult to concentrate. Even magazine articles are difficult to read if they are longer than 250 words...

I can't watch my favourite shows without zoning out or feeling... I don't know... restless... but not quite. Just not there.

How can I become more 'present'?

I wish the answers would come more easily.

I found some quotes to help find hope...
Men's best successes come after their disappointments.
Henry Ward Beecher

The best way out is always through.
Robert Frost

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
Marcel Proust

When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us.
Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment