Monday 9 January 2012

Frustration...

I saw my regular doctor today (needed to renew my birth control prescription... TMI... sorry).  I had to bring up my concerns with my psychiatrist... Things like cancelling appointments, not booking appointments when he says he will, not completing forms for my disability claim in reasonable time, not communicating with my doctor and not following up with me...

The answer... not great.  Basically, my doctor said that most psychiatrists in Canada (or at least in my city) will see someone a few times, then return their file to their family physician.  And, because I already have a psychiatrist, it will be difficult to even get another doctor to see me.

Translation: I can't switch doctors because 1) I might not find a new one and 2) I run the risk of losing my disability claim (i.e. must be completed by medical doctors only).

Unfortunately, as alluded to in one of my comments, I can't even go the route I'd prefer: through a naturopath, because they aren't recognised as credible medical professionals... How much does that suck?

1 comment:

  1. Your an amazing woman. I'm going through the same exact thing as you. I read your blog when I need that extra push to get me through my day.

    ReplyDelete