Saturday 21 July 2012

Dark clouds, with rays of hope

I'm feeling out of sorts right now, like there's a dark cloud above my head (so much for following my psychologist's suggestion that I watch how I talk to myself).

First, I have a lingering sinus infection, adding fog and pain to my already foggy head. Second, I've been experiencing jaw/tooth pain, so I had to go in for surgery on my jaw yesterday to remove an infection trapped in my gum line. Not fun. Hopefully, the removal of the infection will make a cyst in my mouth disappear.

Other than my physical complaints, I just feel like everything around me is going wrong (except for my beautiful son, who is becoming a big boy so quickly, and my man, who loves me even though I look like Marlon Brando on one side of my face).  I am more financially unstable than usual; I don't feel like I have any space to myself any more; and I'm questioning my insurance company's commitment to my well being.  I missed my appointment with my psychologist the other day because the pre-surgery medications were making me very nauseous.

On the upside, I have been seeing my psychologist. And, she is lovely.  We've been talking about my negative self talk, breathing better and coping skills. I try to follow her instructions (Yoda's words of wisdom always come to mind when I hear the word 'try'. "Do or not do; there is no such thing as try" - paraphrasing, of course). And, when I remember to follow her instructions, I do feel better.  I also signed up for a pain management class, which looks promising. 

Well, perhaps there is some light shining through the dark clouds....

No comments:

Post a Comment