Sunday 9 October 2011

Swimming Pool

Here are a couple of observations from today's visit to a waterpark:

1) No matter what you're body looks like, public swimming pools are great for making you feel okay in a bathing suit (okay... this could be the anhedonia talking). There are people of all shapes and sizes, and you realise that even if you don't have the best bikini bod, you don't have the worst.

2) My adrenaline is off. Intellectually, I was scared to go on a waterslide - always have been.  Even my husband felt his pulse rate go up.  Mine did not... Not only did I not feel excitement, I felt no fear (despite a terrible fear of waterslides/swallowing lots of water by surprise/drowning).

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your first point (although I still wear men's swimming trunks to hide my cottage-cheesy thighs).

    I can't imagine what it must be like to have no adrenaline rush. Did you feel no emotions at all during the descent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No emotions, no elevated heartrate, nothing. I even tested it out at my gym. NOTHING. It's horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any talk in the anhedonia community about engaging in risk-taking activities to try to feel something? For example, if you were to do a parachute jump from a plane, do you think you would feel just a tiny bit of emotion, even if it's fear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting... I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete