Tuesday 12 June 2012

Visiting my psychologist

About a year ago, I was seeing a lovely psychologist. I thought she was very helpful. But, as loyal readers of this blog know, I was asked not to see her again for various reasons.

Well, I thought it's time for me to take more control of my recovery, so I booked several appointments with her.

At my first meeting last week, I updated her on everything and apologised for my long absence. Yesterday's meeting was a bit more productive. I explained my general anxiety about doing things and my inability to be present. And, her advice was to take a deep, focused breath every 15 minutes or so, just to change my focus to the inside.  Good advice. I've been trying it. (Of course, I forgot when I felt anxiety at the grocery store. Oops!). I hope this will be the start of REAL recovery (recognising that I've probably made some progress, but so small and gradual that I haven't even noticed it).

1 comment: